Today, almost every big and medium size business has their Facebook Fan Page, and it is increasing exponentially daily. It is something that every business want to have. A kind of online asset. A next version of domain. Facebook Fan Page is the new way of promoting your business or product or service online. The best part of Facebook fan page is that you can give update to people just with one post on your wall and it get visible to everyone who follows you. And since, social networking is the most common websites viewed by people daily. Your post create awareness or notification for you or your product or service.
So if you don’t have a Facebook Page then go create one. With over more than 500+ million users per month. It will be hard to find vanity URL in the near future. So make a mark on history asap.
Before we proceed with the steps of obtaining a vanity URL on facebook, there are few basic thing that is must to know.
1. You can create a vanity URL for your personal profile. For example, http://www.facebook.com/vepul
2. You can create a vanity URl for pages that you might have create for you , your business, or for any other reason. For example, http://www.facebook.com/facebook, this is the official facebook page for Facebook.
Now, once you create a page or profile you get a random URL, something like, http://www.facebook.com/pages/page-name/123455432, now the number at the end of this URL is the Facebook Page ID number. This Page id is used at many places when you promote your page. So keep it save, because once you create vanity URL, the new URL won’t have this Page id. You can still find the page id number when you click on Edit Page.
Here are the Steps to create Vanity URL
1. Visit facebook.com/username. You will given a wizard to choose a vanity URL either for your profile or for your page for which you are the admin.
2. For Profile, facebook provides with recommendation and also you can choose some other name as you want. Once you set the username. Click on “Set Username”. Remember: You can change the username only twice, after which it wont change, so think twice before you decide a username.
3. For Pages, the option only gets active once your page have atleast 25 Fans. Before that you cannot create a vanity URL. Once you have 25 fans, select the page from the drop down and check the name you want to use. If its available then you are good to go. Be very careful while choosing a Username for your Business Page The username of the page is not editable, so once you confirmed with any particular name you cannot change it. So, be very careful.
For any other issues related to Facebook, leave a comment below.
Vipul Aggarwal hold an B.Sc. IT degree from Thakur College and worked previously with Directi.
He is a Online Marketing experts and has helped from SME to corporates to portray their Online Marketing Strategies. With a knowledge of SEO, SMO, Email marketing, Strategy planning and process development. A avid reader of online blogs. He is also the founder of reviewcity.net
Review City is your online resource for information about SEO, Social Media, Facebook, Software and other such services. We try to provide precise information on every topic on which we start the topic. It is appreciated if our viewers can appreciate/contribute/suggest to this resource site.
If you have good writing skills and has strong knowledge about Internet Services, SEO, Social Media, Wordpress, Joomla and related Technologies that you can share it on our website. Do fill up the form to apply for the Author.