Things Good to know before we start
Static FBML can only be added to the Facebook Fan Page.
Maximum width of Static FBML is 520px.
Do not include <head>, <body>, <meta> tags. Include only the HTML or CSS code in it.
You should not use a tag because it works with most of the browser, however, create compatibility issues with Internet Explorer. You can however call an external style sheet via <link href=”example.com/styles/stylesheet.css”” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css”>
In order to add an Static FBML app to the page, the page must be created under your personal profile or you should be assigned as the administrator of the page.
Adding Static FBML to your Facebook Fan Page
1. Click “Edit Page” under your page avatar.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you will find Static FBML. In case, you don’t, then click on Browse Application and find it.
3. Click on Static FBML and go to Static FBML Application. Add the Application to your page by clicking “Add to my Page” in the left column.
4. You will get a popup which will give you the list of pages of which you are administrator. Select any one page where you want the static FBML installed.
5. You have now successfully added Static FBML to your Facebook Page.
Adding/Editing FBML box on your Fan page
1. Click “Edit Page” in the left column under the Facebook Page Avatar.
2. Under “Application” scroll down until you see “FBML- FBML”
3. Click Edit, and enter in the “Box Title” enter the name you want to keep for this tab and enter the HTML or CSS or FBML code in the text box below.
After you added the text/code click save. If you want to add a new Static FBML tab just click edit – under the same static FBML application and just below save/cancel button, there is an another option Add another Static FBML. Click it and a new Static FBML will be added to your current page automatically.
Vipul Aggarwal hold an B.Sc. IT degree from Thakur College and worked previously with Directi.
He is a Online Marketing experts and has helped from SME to corporates to portray their Online Marketing Strategies. With a knowledge of SEO, SMO, Email marketing, Strategy planning and process development. A avid reader of online blogs. He is also the founder of reviewcity.net
Review City is your online resource for information about SEO, Social Media, Facebook, Software and other such services. We try to provide precise information on every topic on which we start the topic. It is appreciated if our viewers can appreciate/contribute/suggest to this resource site.
If you have good writing skills and has strong knowledge about Internet Services, SEO, Social Media, Wordpress, Joomla and related Technologies that you can share it on our website. Do fill up the form to apply for the Author.